ART 211 Art and Technology Blog post 1

Hello,
My name is Taylor Guyton, and for this set of blog post I will be posting about my new class Art 211, Art and technology. The class is about how humans interaction with technology has changed the art world and how people provide and show their art to the world. I believe that this class will help me understand the relationship between humans and technology and how the advancement of technology has shaped the art world.

From the time I was young I have always played with technology. As I grew up I began to become fascinated with computers and how they work. I went from drawing in sketchbooks to drawing on the computer and have been fascinated with the thought of computer art from the beginning. Technology has affected me personally and continuously throughout the years of my life. While approaching college applications, I have chosen a major that correlates to what I have been doing for the past few years, Digital Arts. I am a very open-minded person, I love art, animation, and anything that really has to do with digital arts. I have always moved around a lot due to being in the military, I am inspired by Japanese animation and gaming. Anxiety has followed me throughout the years so I am a quiet person, so speaking in class probably wont be very often. I try to be as creative and active as I can. I am a very kind, ambitious person.

I expect to learn a full spectrum of reasons why art and technology is so influential and why it is popular in todays society. My first thoughts about the class I felt fully prepared upon listening to the description of the class. However, now that I have had my first class and we spoke about the criteria and syllabus, I am a bit nervous and I am not so sure how I will do in the class, but I will do my best regardless.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Art 211: Performance art

Art 211 Combination project: Smoothie Phone