Art 211 Combination project: Smoothie Phone


My project is a combination of lunch and conversation. The avocado represents the dial, the sandwich, the base of the phone, the elbow noodles, the cord, and the apple, banana, and orange is made up of the phone. My reasoning for creating such a mass of food is simply because of the idea of healthiness vs unhealthiness. We are told that being on our electronics causes loss of brain cells and inability to learn in a specific way. People of the younger generation tend to not care and hold on to electronics almost as an obsession, but what if electronics were healthy food? If we treated our body how we treat our electronics, perhaps we would have a better perspective on healthiness.

My idea came to me from looking at my own life. my inspirations actually came from my dinner. While I was prodding around, seeing what I should eat, I found myself dragging my phone along with me, as if it was another part of my arm. Noticing this caused me to create such a piece. Other inspirations came from a baroque styled phone, in which I incorporated sprouting leaves in the sides of the phone base.

My original idea was to make the phone out of a banana and just the cords into twisted noodles, but in the end I assessed my ideas and decided that I wanted to create something that is a mixture of healthy foods. another interpretation of my drawing was that people are obsessed with food just like they are obsessed with electronics such as a phone. People used to eat to survive, but nowadays people eat for pleasure, except those who actually need it, therefore, my whole drawing is focusing on a first-world country.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Art 211: Performance art