Art 211: deconstruction Video


For my project I decided to focus on the meaning of worth and worthlessness. Sometimes people give more credit to feeling worthless than feeling that they are worth it. To illustrate this concept, I made Worth as a girl trapped under a black and white environment in the wet and cold, and gave worthlessness a beautiful look. I made worthlessness wear a dress of red to symbolize demons. When people continuously say they are worthless, they are giving worthlessness a spotlight, and leaving their worth in the dark.

For the effects of the video, I did a lot of reverse, speeding up, color change, tv simulator effects, and black and white effects. I used final cut pro and a T3i rebel camera. It was a lot of fun filming it in the water, but it was a mess as well. Originally I was supposed to film outside, but I decided that if I film the two elements where it looks like they are trapped, it would be better.


I want people to realize how much they are worth. I decided to do this concept because I also believe sometimes that I am not worth it or I'm not pretty enough or good enough. but I know at the same time that I am worth the love that I give. I want others to battle their own thoughts of being worthless and put it in the dark, whereas put their worth in the light.

Comments

  1. I thought this was just a great way to exemplify worth. I loved the deconstruction and its expressive quality. I completely understood the way you used technology to show your worth. Everyone feels worthless at times and this video helps show that it's important to be confident in who you are!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Art 211: Performance art

Art 211 Combination project: Smoothie Phone