Art 211: Animation








For this project I used characters that I had created. The characters background makes sense for the animation I created. The girl and boy are mortal enemies and assassins, but also childhood friends, they follow a one sided love for the man. For the animation they start off in a fight but the man starts to show off his skills, and even kisses her. She gets angry and throws her last weapon, but he ends up catching it and drawing 'I love you' on the tree.

Originally it was supposed to be digital and even longer than 200 frames, but hearing about this project, I took the liberty to start the animation and end it differently. I find it interesting that some people do this on a daily basis. stop motion is already tedious enough, and this project was fun but also frustrating. I wanted it to be a lot more detailed than It was but I didn't have enough time. this project also allowed me to play around.

The hardest part of this project was probably the scene where they were facing each other. It was supposed to be longer frames, but I had to draw the same detailed picture on ten pages and couldn't figure out how to execute it. I have a light board at home for drawn animation however, not in Tampa, I had to use my computer, which could flip like a tablet, turn the touchscreen off, and let it sit on a blank, white, screen. I flipped the book in a way where I could only see that page and I put my detailed drawing under it and started drawing on the book. That had to be the hardest thing about this project. Keeping the thick books' flaps open was hard. If I did more frames, I probably would have ended it differently.

Comments

  1. This by far was one of my favorites shown in class. Not just because of the time it took to draw it all out by hand but the fact that it had a story line to it. The images are well drawn and though out and even without the background music you can still watch an amazing clip of animation. Well done!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Art 211: Performance art