Art 211: grid art

my grid art is based upon my picture that I drew a few weeks ago. Originally my design was supposed to be complex, but upon the arriving deadline, I realized it may not be possible. Grid art can be beautiful and if done by hand can be complex and take a while. When you look afar at grid art, it may seem easy and simple, however, grid art is not always easy and can be quite tedious when it comes to working on it.

My grid art was complex, I had completed it within four-five hours, but it was hard. My original material was supposed to be clear thumb nails, however, when I ordered them, they arrived at a different location, so I had to improvise. For the thumb nails, I was supposed to paint all 900 of them. So for my improvisation, I painted my picture. Since I was going to do circles anyway, I did drawn circles.

One of the most difficult things about grid art is that it will not come out looking the exact same as your picture if you section it in just colors without details. It will look almost like a blurry version of the original photo. For me, that was kind of the case. I wanted to put as much detail in it as possible so I labeled my circles the gradient of colors I wanted it to be. Since the deadline was moving in close, I realized that I didn't have enough time or paint to put the extra gradients in to make it look realistic as my original photo.

original photo gridded:
(Picture created with paint tool sai)

 Final =



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Art 211: Performance art