Art 211 Scan art

My art is based on the graffiti art movement. I choose wings because I love that graffiti art can be interactive instead of just on the wall. I love graffiti art because I feel like it can both artistic and interactive and a bit rebellious. I felt like the wings were something that some people dreamed of having.

My original idea was to scan main  parts of my body, like my face and my arms and legs, for the middle part and recreate myself in the wings. But instead of putting myself in the middle to recreate myself, I used the rest of the pieces of the cut paper from my scans to create a mystery body.

I decided to only glue the bottom of the hand scans to the board so that it would look kind of like the hands could be ruffled or moved. I wanted it to look like wings, so I turned the hands on the left side slightly different than I did the right side.


Here is the picture I based it off of:














Work;






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Art 211: Performance art